Apply for Turkey Visa
What is Turkey Visa?
Turkey Visa is a travel permit that allows foreign travellers to enter Turkey for tourism, business, or trade purposes. Previously, international travellers could obtain a Turkish tourist visa in sticker form by submitting applications to the Turkey embassy or consulate. An online Turkey eVisa system was introduced in 2013 as a replacement for the traditional Sticker Visa.
The new system expedites the visa application process and makes Turkey accessible to a broader array of foreign tourists from across the world. Now travellers can apply for a Turkey e Visa right from their homes and receive visa approval in one business day.
Who can Apply for Turkey Visa?
Turkey visa is valid for short-term tourism or business-related traveling. For non-tourism related purposes, such as work, study, or long-term stay, you should apply through the Turkish consulate embassy. Visitors from the United States, Australia, Canada, the Middle East, and most of the European Union countries (Eligible Countries for Turkey e Visa) can apply for Turkey visa.
Certain nationalities enjoy a visa-free status and can enter Turkey for limited periods without applying for a visa. The visa-free countries include Brazil, France, Russian, Germany, Japan, and Argentina. Nationals from these countries can stay in Turkey for a maximum duration of 90 days. Russian citizens can stay in Turkey for no more than 60 days without a visa. Many African nationalities also enjoy a visa-free status, but visitors can stay for up to 30 days.
Turkey Visa Types:
There are different types of tourist visas available, depending on the duration and nature of the visit. Some of the key tourist visa types include the following:
- Turkey Tourist Visa:
A Turkey tourist online visa is a single entry and multiple entry visa that allows visitors to stay from 30 to 90 days on a single visit. It is only valid for business/trade and touristic purposes. A person can either apply for a tourist visa for own in traveling alone. If traveling with family or a group of people, each member will have to apply for a tourist eVisa to Turkey. A minimum of 2 and a maximum of 10 members from a single family can apply for a Turkish tourist eVisa. On the other hand, a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 300 people from a group can apply for an online Turkey tourist visa. Foreign travelers from over 90 eligible countries can apply for a Turkish tourist visa.Turkey Tourist Visa Requirements:
Travellers from eligible countries must fulfil the following requirements to apply for a Turkey tourist visa.
- Travellers should apply with a passport valid for at least 180 days after arriving in Turkey.
- The passport should have two blank pages to receive entry/exit stamps from the Turkish border control authorities when arriving in the country.
- Applicants must include a valid and active email address.
- Applicants must have access to an active debit or credit card to pay the visa fee.
Before formally applying, do consult our visa specialists as additional supporting documents are required for certain nationalities. If you are traveling with family, all the members, including minors, will need an eVisa to gain entry permission.
It is possible to receive a tourist visa soon after arriving in the country. It is called a Turkey visa on arrival. This facility, however, is offered to nationals of specific countries. Currently, the visa on arrival facility is offered to nationals of the USA, Croatia, Malta, Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, and North Korea under specific rules and conditions. Moreover, North Korean nationals can stay for up to 30 days with a Visa on Arrival if they hold a residence permit or a valid visa issued by any of the Schengen area countries, the UK, and Ireland.
If you just want to cross Turkey for transit reasons, you should apply for a transit visa. It is a mandatory requirement for all travelers, even if they do not intend to leave the airport and visit turkey. To successfully transit from the country, you must show a valid passport and an onward travel proof (such as a ticket) to the authorities.
Please note that if you want to stay in Turkey for a night or two, and pass through immigration, you should get a Turkish tourist visa instead of a Turkey transit visa. With a transit visa, you can stay for a few hours until the time mentioned on your onward ticket.
The transit visa application process is the same as for tourist eVisa. Your passport must be valid for 180 days after the date of your entry to Turkey. You need to have a valid debit/credit card to pay the visa fee to get a transit visa. Do make a printed copy of your transit visa as soon as you receive it and carry it along while traveling to Turkey.
Purpose of Visit:
You must enter the purpose of your visit while applying for a Turkey tourist visa online. You may apply for a Turkish tourist visa if your trip's nature falls under any of the following purposes:
- Tourism- To visit Turkey for sightseeing or to holiday
- Business- To attend an unpaid commercial event or a business meeting
- Seminar/Conference- To participate in a seminar or conference
- Exhibition/festival/fair- To participate in a festival or exhibition in Turkey
- Sports- To attend a sports-related event as a fan or a sportsman
- Arts and culture- To participate in an artistic or cultural event
- Official visit- if you are part of a formal group or delegation representing your country or any of its institutions
- To visit the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus- You can apply for a tourist visa if you want to travel to Northern Cyprus
Turkey Tourist Visa Application Form:
Applicants will provide personal details, including their full name, date of birth, residential address, place of birth, contact information, and a valid email ID. They will also enter passport information, including its issue and expiry date. They will also have to determine whether they want to apply for a tourist or transit visa.
Turkish Tourist Visa Validity Period:
A tourist visa to Turkey is valid for a maximum duration of 180 days, starting from the date your eVisa was approved. Travelers stay must not exceed 90 days limit on a single visit.
Apply for Turkey Visa Step by Step:
Firstly, All applicants must ensure that they have a valid passport before applying for an eVisa to Turkey. This is the most important requirement to obtain a Turkish visa. The passport must be valid for at least 180 days on the expected date of arrival in Turkish.
- To fill out the Turkey e visa form you must click on Turkey visa application. You will get first page of application from. fill up your detail's nationality, Visa Type, Name, Surname, Phone, Email ID, Date of Birth, Gender, Date of Arrival, Passport Number, Passport Issue Date, Passport Expiry Date. And you make sure that these details should be match on your passport. When the Turkish visa will have been processed and approved it will be sent directly to the email address provide on the visa application form. So sure to valid your email address. Now you will look some letter word and write them. And now click on register.
- In the second page of the Turkey e visa form, you must enter family details (your father’s name & Mother’s name).
- Once you have complete the all information, you can see a summary of your application, with all the data entered so that you can verify that everything is correct. Now it's a last chance to check your details and if any data is incorrect, click on “edit application”. If everything is correct click on “save & continue” also you can contact to our support team via email (email@example.com).
- Upload your documents: Kindly ensure that the document is as per specifications mentioned below.
- All documents uploaded by the must be in English language, failing which e-Visa application would be liable for rejection.
- Format PDF
- Size Minimum 10 KB
- Maximum 10 MB
- Passport Upload- Photo page of Passport containing personal details like name, date of birth, nationality, and expiry date etc. to be uploaded by the applicant.
- Photo page of Passport uploaded should be of the same passport whose details are provided in Passport Details section.
- The application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded document is not clear and as per specification.
- Pay visa processing fee: Next, you will have to pay the Turkey e visa fees. Click on (“Pay”). You can pay by debit or credit card or through PayPal.
- Once you have filled out the form and paid the fees, you have to wait for visa approved as the visa processing time is 24 hours.
You can check the status of your visa by clicking on the “Visa Status” button (Turkey visa status). If you do it as soon as you make the payment, you will see that a message your visa application will take up to 24 hours and that you will be notified by email, when the Turkish government have made a decision.
- In within 24 hours you will receive an email notifying that the visa had been granted. You have to download eVisa and carry with you.