Turkey Criminal Record Certificate Application
If anyone is interested in getting a criminal record document from the Turkish Government, the steps are easy to follow. The Laws and regulations for such a document are mentioned in the Criminal Records Law No. 5352 and the Judicial Registry Regulation. If the applicant wishes, this document can be issued in multiple languages, which can be issued by any Foreign Representatives. Since all foreign offices are connected with the database available at the ministry.
Once an application is made to one of the Foreign Representative offices that are offline, the database is not accessible to them. In such cases, the application is forwarded to the Ministry of Justice General Directorate of Criminal Records and Statistics. The data is then sent back to the Foreign Representative office where the application was made. This process is time consuming since the data and requests are sent back and forth instead of the application being completed directly.
Certificate for Foreign Nationals:
If the applicant is a foreign national and requires a criminal record certificate, it can be done online. The process is the same but instead of using the Turkish ID card, the applicant uses his or her Blue Card or the foreign identification number that has been issued in their name. Other identifications like the residence permit number, birth year and identity number verification can be used for the application for a criminal record certificate.
The applicant can apply to the Consulate Branch by visiting personally and showing the ID card or passport. In case the applicant wishes to apply for a Forensic Record Certificate, an appointment must be made with the Notary Department of the Consulate General. The applicant will need to be present for the application to go forward.
A Forensic Record Certificate can be issued in the English language if the applicant wishes for it. It is important for the applicant to bring the Turkish ID card along for the application to proceed. The fee is to be paid in cash only since no Consulate General accepts payment by Debit or Credit card.
The following documents are required for the issuance of the Criminal Record Certificate.
- The Turkish ID card for national citizens.
- The Blue Card for foreign nationals residing in Turkey.
- Passport or the foreign country ID for foreign nationals.
- Turkish ID number issued to foreigners.
- A power of attorney letter that clearly states the authority can represent. This is required if the application is made on behalf of someone else.
Process for London Consulate General:
If the applicant is outside London and wants to apply through the London Consulate General, the following documents should be sent via mail;
- Duly filled form without any errors.
- A signed petition addressed to the Consulate General requesting a Criminal Record Certificate.
- A photocopy of ID card.
- A postal order of GBP 7. This must be on behalf of the Turkish Consulate General in London.
- The envelope must have a return address so the certificate can be sent to the given address.
- The mail must have the name of the sender or it would not be accepted by the Consulate General London.