Turkey Visa for US Citizens
To relish Turkey’s rich culture, delectable cuisine, and astonishing historic architecture, travellers from the United States (US) can quickly obtain a Turkish eVisa instead of waiting for the traditional Sticker or Stamp visa. Given the astounding increase in US citizens travelling to Turkey for holiday or business purposes, the government initiated an electronic visa application system, allowing US citizens to receive an electronic copy of their Turkey visa conveniently.Here are all the necessary details on Turkey eVisa to the US.
Turkey Visa for US Citizens - What You Need to Know?
The government of Turkey has introduced an online visa system, which allows American citizens to obtain a visit visa electronically. US citizens can now conveniently apply for Turkey visa right from their home or office.
After issuance, the eVisa is valid for 180 days from the and can be used for multiple entries.Moreover, the eVisa to Turkey will stay valid for up to 90 days, Long-term eVisas are also available for US citizens; They are available for purposes like work,study or family visits typically allow multiple entries and are valid for 6 months to a year.
Purpose of Visit:
The Turkey eVisa for US citizens is an ideal option for short tourist purposes and business-related or recreational trips to Turkey. Other purposes of visit such as work and study, the visas are granted by the Turkish Embassies or ConsulatesPlanning to stay in Turkey for more than 90 days, one should apply for a long-term visa prior to the trip.
The process is efficient and straightforward; fill out the application, pay visa fee using a secure online payment method and lastly submit the application. It takes between 1-3 days to process. There are three types of visas that determine time of processing:
- Normal visa: processing approval time is 1-3 business days
- Urgent visa: with this visa, duration of processing is within 12-24 hours
- Extremely urgent visa: it is the most hasty via, using it guarantees you a visa in less than 2-6 hours
Turkey Visa for US Documents Requirements:
There are certain essential documents you will submit when applying for a Turkey visa. These include:
- Valid US Passport: that should be at least 6 months valid
- A valid email address to receive the visa approval letter and other important updates
- An active debit or credit card to pay the visa fee
- Passport-size Photographs: provide 2 passport-sized photographs that are taken under the Turkish Consulates specifications
- Proof of Travel Arrangements: include details of your flight, bookings,reservations and itinerary.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: evidence of enough money to sustain yourself during your stay in Turkey. It could be a bank statement or any proof of income.
Step by Step Guide on how US Citizens can Apply for Turkish eVisa
- Determine the type of visa you need: this depends on the purpose of your visit such as tourism, business or education.
- Prepare your documents: after determination of the type of visa ones needs, all necessary documents should be ready for submission
- Apply online: complete the form, upload documents and pay visa fee.
- Waiting for processing: after submission await processing by the ministry.The processing time varies depending on the type of visa and number of applications
- Receive your visa: the visa will be received via email. Ensure to print the ticket and bring it to Turkey
- Entry to Turkey: One in Turkey, you may be asked to provide your passport and eVisa documents.
Additional Key Guidelines for US Citizens Travelling to Turkey
What are these key guidelines, you may ask, these are termed as special instructions or requirements. Other than the above requirements listed above, a US citizen is also required to register their trip to the US Department of State’s Smart Traveller Enrollment Program (S.T.E.P).
Travellers should ensure they are up to date with their vaccinations and follow the proper local health recommendations for travel.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Applying for Turkish Visa
- A failure to provide all required documentation and information
- Giving incorrect and incomplete information on the application
- Failure to pay the correct visa fees or using an unreliable payment method
- Not giving enough time for the visa to be processed
- A failure to follow any instructions or requirements outlined by the Turkish Consulate or Embassy
How Much is a Visa to Turkey From the USA?
The cost of a visa to Turkey from the USA depends on the type of visa or processing time. The cost includes government cost and visa service fee. It is viable for American to get travel insurance at a modest charge that will allow one to maintain its benefits while in Turkey.
The eVisa service fee is an upfront payment done and completed by the applicant. The fee covers processing of eVisa, which includes receiving and verifying the applicant's personal information, and sending the approval visa letter from the Turkish government.
The government fee is the sum applicants must pay to the Turkish Immigration Department fot visa procession.
Record of Travel of United States Citizens to Turkey:
The United States is the one of the top countries in the world for the most visits to Turkey, the most recent figures, Around 578,074 people visited the country in 2019. Last year, visitors mostly came to Turkey for travel, entertainment, sports and cultural activities.
Turkish Visa for US Citizens FAQs:
The visa has a 180-day validity period, therefore the holder must go to Turkey within six months of receiving the approved visa1.
All US residents travelling with children must obtain separate online visas to Turkey for every child2.
Travellers who want to transit through Turkey and remain within the transit zone do not require an e-Visa2.
If you plan to stay in Turkey for more than 90 days, you should apply for a longer-term visa at a Turkish Consulate prior to your trip3.
Your passport should have at least 6 months of validity beyond your planned departure date from Turkey