Turkey Visa Information
The spectacular natural beauty, great food, and historical-cultural sites make Turkey one of the most visited countries in the world. Turkish people strongly recommend good friendship, tasty food, and a breathtaking life. It is a land of sandy beaches, mountains, and woodlands. So, what are you waiting for? Be ready to explore Turkey! Applying online for a visa to Turkey is a very simple process. The applicants only need to fill out an application online with supporting documents and visa fees.
After submitting the application, the applicant will receive his visa information through email. Visitors who are not spared from entry visas can easily apply for e-Visa. Tourists from the countries where Turkey does not have any consular representation can also apply for e-Visa. To avoid any inconvenience, the visitors should apply for it as soon as possible. The Visa offered by the Turkish government to foreigners does not guarantee absolute entry to Turkey. In case of application rejection, the visa fee is not refundable.
- All the tourists must have proper medical insurance that will be valid during their stay in Turkey.
- It is a must for the visitors to get an e-Visa who are visiting Turkey for less than 30 or 90 days. The Turkish consular offices can only offer e-Visas with a maximum duration of 90 days.
- The visitors who want to stay in Turkey for a long period of time can apply for a “Short Term Residence Permit’. The Short-Term Residence permit will be canceled if the visitor will stay out of Turkey for more than 120 days.
- Visa applications for study or work will be entertained by the respective representatives of Turkey in other countries. Travel document holders of the other countries can obtain visas from Turkish missions.
- Applicants less than the age of 18 have to submit a permit from both of the parents. For those whose parents are died or in case of divorce, the visa may be provided on the basis of the purpose of the visit.
- Those foreigners will avail vise free regime who are invited by the universities under Turkish higher education commission to study in an undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate, or Ph. D level program.
- For the visitors who want to enter Turkey from naval ports for the purpose of tourism, a visa-free permit may be issued to those foreigners by the local government. The maximum duration of these permits may not exceed 72 hours and the visitors will only be allowed to explore the premises of the naval port. However, the passport of the visitor will not be retained by the border authorities.
- Remember, e-Visas are only applicable for the purpose of tourism or business. However, for the purpose of study or work the visas are issued by the Turkish consulates.
Types of Visas:
Following types of Visas are offered by the Turkish government:
- Tourist Visa
- Working Visa
- Internship Visa
- Assigned Journalists
- Tour Operator Representative Visa
- Transportation Visa
- Documentary and Exploration Purpose Visas
- Education Visa
For touristic and business purposes, visas can easily be obtained via an electronic visa system. You can obtain this visa only in three minutes via the online application system. You are advised to have an official passport valid for at least six months from the date of arrival. The Turkish ministry of foreign affairs is continuously trying to make the e-Visa system better and better. Tour operators are allowed to apply for group e-Visas and can pay all the fees of visas at a time. The fee for an e-Visa obtained online is less than the fee for a visa offered upon arrival at the Turkish airport. In case of having a valid visa, you do not need to apply for a residence permit for up to 90 days of stay. However, for a stay of more than 90 days, the foreigners have to register themselves at the nearest local police department.
Foreigners can apply for a working visa through consular offices in the country of their residence. In order to work in Turkey, you have to apply for a working visa to the Turkish mission in your country. The necessary documents for applying for a working visa are a valid passport, a filled visa application, and a letter from your employer in Turkey. Other documents may be submitted by your employer in the country within ten working days. The Turkish ministry of social and labor security deals with the approval or disapproval of the working visa applications. Work permits are considered equivalent to residence permits. For working in the free zones of the country, working permits are offered by the Turkish ministry of economy. The foreigners will be charged for work permit certificate fee, entry visa fee, and residence fee. After the arrival in turkey, the foreigners have to register themselves at the local police station to obtain the necessary residence permit.
Applicants need to obtain a work permit from the Turkish ministry of labor and social security. The following foreigners do not need to apply for a work permit:
- The persons who are spared from the work permit through bilateral or multilateral agreements between the countries.
- The persons who are wishing to visit Turkey for a period of less than one month for the purpose of scientific and technical studies, cultural, and artistic activities.
- The foreigners who are visiting Turkey for the purpose of installation, maintenance, and repairing of machinery which has been recently imported to Turkey for a period of fewer than three months.
- The foreigners who are visiting Turkey for the purpose of training in the use of products and services for a period of fewer than three months.
- The foreigners who are representatives of the tour operators for a period of fewer than eight months.
The international press member who is willing to visit Turkey for a short period of time is not required to get a visa annotated for the press. It is enough for them to have a tourist visa and temporary press-member cards may be issued to them by the Turkish ministry of Press and Information. These temporarily issued press cards are valid for a period of three months from the issuance date.
Tour Operator Representative Visa:
The representatives of foreign tour operators all spared from getting a working visa if they are visiting Turkey for a period of fewer than eight months. However, if the tour representatives are asking for a residence permit, they may consult the Provincial Directorate of Migration.
If the foreigner is successful in submitting all the documents, multiple transportations visas may be offered to him with the validity of one year. However, visa regimes for truck drivers from different countries may vary from country to country.
Documentary and Exploration Purpose Visas:
Foreigners who are wishing to visit Turkey for shooting a research documentary or for the purpose of excavation should get permission from the Turkish authorities in advance. It is necessary for a foreigner to enter Turkey by obtaining a relevant visa for the purpose of research and scientific study. All the foreigners are requested to apply directly to the institutions for scientific research, photos and documentary shootings, historical, sociological, and geological researches.
European Agreement State’s Citizens
The following country’s citizens are allowed to enter Turkey under “The European Agreement”:
- The Netherlands
- Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
Essential Conditions to apply for all kind of Visas:
These conditions are mandatory for every foreigner if he is applying for a general or e-Visa of Turkey:
- A valid passport with at least two blank pages and with a validity of at least six months from the date of entry to Turkey.
- A properly filled visa application that contains true and official information about the applicant.
- The Turkish e-Visas are not valid for more than 180 days and the visitors have to show a printed copy of their e-Visa on arrival at the airport.
- The Turkish Visas can be obtained by the citizens of over 104 countries and the citizens of these countries can easily apply for e-Visa too.
- As the Turkish e-Visa is valid only for 180 days. Therefore, if you want to live in Turkey for more than 180 days, our representatives will further proceed with the process so you don’t need to be worried at all and can apply at any time.
- If your provided information does not match your official passport, you will need to apply for a new visa application.
- If you want a super urgent visa for traveling to turkey, there is nothing to need because we are here to help you out. You only need to pay some additional charges and your visa will be ready in minutes and will be sent to you through email.