Documents Requirements for Turkey Visa
What are the Turkey Visa Requirements?
To obtain a visa, you need to apply by submitting an application along with several documents. The application can be submitted online if you are eligible for an Turkey eVisa or at the Turkish diplomatic mission abroad, such as an embassy or consulate.
The documents required to apply for a Turkish visa are necessary to prove your eligibility for travelling to Turkey. The requirements generally differ as per the visa type you want to apply for, your nationality, and duration of stay.
- Applicant full name
- Nationality where you are from
- A valid email address
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Expected date of arrival
- Applicant passport number, date of issue and expiry date
- Town/City of birth
- Family Details: Father name and Mother name
- Type of Supporting Doc: Visa/Residence Permit
- You have to select Supporting Doc. Country
- Supporting. Doc. Expiry date
- Supporting Doc. No.
- Upload applicant passport
- Pay visa processing fee
Applicant Passport Copy:A clear and colored scanned copy of the passport, and in PDF, JPG or PNG format with not more than 10 MB in size. Passport is valid for at least 6 months counting from the day s/he intends to enter Turkey.
Another Document Required:
Certain nationalities require a supporting document such as a visa or residence permit from the Schengen, US, UK or Ireland for Turkey Visa. To view which nationalities, please visit our application page and enter your nationality.
Fees for Turkey Visa:
For your Turkey Visa you need to pay two types of Turkey visa fees, Turkey government e visa fee and visa service fees. The government fee is chaeffed by the policy of the government of Turkey and services fee is charged for processing your visa and ensuring that you get your Turkey e visa as quickly as possible. Both Turkey e visa service fees are non refundable as it is for the processing of the application form. So you must fill all the details correctly.
You can make payment using the debit/credit card or even using PayPal, American Express, MasterCard, Maestro or Net Banking.
Requirements for Turkey Sticker Visa:
After completing the Pre-Application System form, you should start arranging for the required documents for a Sticker Visa. The sooner you collect the documents, the better chances you will have to get your visa approved. Always ensure that the documents meet the specifications set by Turkish authorities. Some of the key documents you will need to submit for a Sticker Visa include:
Turkey Visa Application Form:
A visa application form is the same for all types of visas. In this form, the applicant will provide personal data. There will be a section on passport and travel-related information. The applicant will provide:
- Type of passport (ordinary, diplomatic, or official).
- Duration of stay.
- Estimated date of travel.
- Type of visa required.
The applicant may need to answer a few questions on security and past travel/medical history, such as previous trips to Turkey, previous visa applications for Turkey, marital status, etc.
What are Turkey Visa Photo Requirements?
- The applicant will submit two identical passport-size photographs with your Turkey visa application. The photo size should be 5cmx6xm, and the photo must not be more than six months old.
- Turkey Visa Photo Guidelines
- The photo must be of high quality, clear, and in sharp focus.
- There shouldn’t be any creases, watermarks, or ink marks.
- There must be appropriate levels of contrast and brightness.
- There shouldn’t be any staple marks.
- The applicant must look directly at the camera.
- The photo must match the applicant’s current appearance.
Passport & Other Travel Document:
- Ensure that the passport or other travel documents you submit with your visa application is valid for another six months, starting from the date you arrive in Turkey.
- The passport must have at least 1 blank page so that the consulate/embassy can affix the sticker visa on it.
- The passport will remain at the embassy throughout the time your visa application is under processing.
- You will have to submit photocopies of previously obtained visas (if any) entry and exit stamps along with the passport.
Proof of Accommodation:
It does not matter how long you intend to stay in Turkey; it is essential to inform the Turkish embassy about where you will stay. Even if your stay is one night long, you must present proof of accommodation to the authorities with your visa application. Any of the following documents will suffice as proof of accommodation.
- Turkish Hotel Booking:
If you have decided to stay at a hotel, submit a booking letter with your visa application. The letter must include your entry/exit dates, full name, surname, hotel name, address, and contact details.
- Turkish Host Invitation Letter:
In case you stay with an acquaintance, relative, colleague, sponsor, or friend who is a resident in Turkey, he or she will be termed as your host. You can submit an invitation letter from your host describing that they have invited you to stay over at their place during the time you will remain in Turkey. The letter must include hostname, contact details, address of the place, name/surname, and relation with the host.
The Turkish authorities need to determine whether the applicant has enough money to support their trip to Turkey. Therefore, you should show proof of financial means stating that you can spend a minimum of €50 per day throughout your stay in Turkey. To prove that you have sufficient financial means, you can submit any of the following:
- Last three months’ bank statement.
- Proof of income,such as salary slips or amount from renting.
- Support letter,from another person who can guarantee to cover your expenses in Turkey. However, in this case, you will have to prove that the person is financially stable enough by providing their bank statements.
Please note that if your host in Turkey covers your expenses, you can apply with a lesser amount than the minimum limit of €50 per day. In case the host agrees to cover your food as well, an even smaller amount will be required to be declared in your application. But, you must provide valid proof of covered meals and accommodation.
Travel Itinerary and Flight Booking Guidelines:
While submitting your Turkish visa application form, regardless of the type of visa, you will have to show proof of how you intend to arrive in Turkey and what you plan to do while in the country. Any of the following documents will be sufficient for this purpose.
- Flight Booking Proof:In case you plan to travel to Turkey via airplane, you must provide proof of a roundtrip flight to the consulate or embassy on the day of your appointment.
- Transportation Ticket or License:If you plan to use any means of transport to reach Turkey, such as a car or bus, you can present the bus ticket, driver’s license, and travel permit to Enter Turkey.
- Invitations:Alternately, you can submit invitations to attend an event, museum tickets, and booked tours depending on what you plan to do in the country.
Travel Medical Insurance Information:
In order to visit Turkey, it is mandatory to have travel medical insurance, which must cover the entire territory of Turkey. The minimum coverage range set by the authorities is €30,000.
When to submit a Police Clearance Certificate?
You can submit the police clearance certificate or an equivalent document obtained from relevant authorities in your home country. This document must declare that you haven’t been involved in any criminal activities recently.
Visa Requirements for Turkey As per Employment Status:
- Employed individualscan submit their employer’s guarantee letter stating that the applicant will return to their home country after visiting Turkey. In addition to this, the applicant will submit the last three months’ payslips.
- Business ownerswill submit their company’s certificate of establishment, registration, trade license, and bank account statement with the last three months’ transaction details
- In case your spouse is responsible for providing for you, it is possible to submit the same applicable documents as mentioned above.
Documents Required for Applicants below 18-years of Age:
The following documents will be required:
- Birth certificate.
- If only one parent is accompanying the visa applicant child/minor, a consent letter issued by the other parent must be presented.
- Custody letter by the child's non-accompanying parent in case one parent is traveling with the minor applicant.
- Custody rights documentsif the child’s legal guardian is a third person, and the parents are divorced.
- If one or both of the parents have passed away, a death certificate will be required.
Steps To Apply for Turkey e Visa:
- Check that you are eligible and meet all the requirements:
As discussed in the earlier sections, make sure you meet all the requirements for applying for e-Visa. If you do not meet any of the requirements, you may need to apply physically at the Turkish embassy in your country which may take time and cost more money.
- Decide on the type of application:
The official Turkish portal for Turkey e-Visa applications allows individual, family or group application. If you are visiting Turkey with your family or a group, it is best that you apply jointly. Individual application may cost more and if any of the family/group is denied, there may be unforeseen delay. Note that all accompanying persons must hold their own traveling e-Visa according to Turkey foreign affairs policy. Family applications can be created for 2 – 10 applicants, while group applications can be created for 10 – 300 applicants.
- Prepare your documents:
Before applying, organize all your major and supporting documents as explained earlier under eligibility. Information such as Name(s), Date of Birth, Place of Birth, Father and Mother’s Names, Passport Information, valid email address and phone number amongst other things.
- Visit the official Turkey e-Visa portal:
This is one part you must be very careful of because of phishing attacks. Some website will lure unsuspecting applicants into believing they are the official Turkey portal, you must not fall for the trick. Some may even have their own form to collect your credit card information. The best way to avoid such trick is to use government registered agents.
Five years and counting, we are still the trusted and registered travel agents that has helped applicants in their hundreds to process online visa application successfully. Your information are 100% secure with us, and we are available to assist in every step of the way up till you return back to your home country.
Samples of Turkey e visa:
Need help? Feel free to get online consultation from our experienced visa specialist, please choose the most convenient way to contact us.
Apply online for Turkey visa application