Turkey e Visa for Congo DR Citizens | Apply an Online Visa for Turkey
To enter Turkey borders, Citizens of the Democratic Republic of the Congo must apply for a Turkish e-Visa. Congolese who owns an ordinary passport can have a single-entry permit. Congo citizens with Diplomatic passports can enter Turkish borders without a visa. Travelers from the Democratic Congolese should abide by Turkey's standard criteria for conditional e-Visa. Congolese travelers should have occurring membership or representation to any of the Schengen countries. Those who have a residence permit in Ireland, the USA, or the UK are also eligible to get a travel authorization.
There are sections in the Turkish E-Visa online form that respectively ask about the applicant's residence. Congolese must disclose true and accurate information to avoid discrepancy.
Important Note: The Turkish portal does not accept e-Visa and e-Permits, as proof of residency.
Congolese have the privilege to stay in the country within 30 days. They are eligible for a single-entry permit, and they can use it 180 days after the issuance date of the document.
Congo citizens can take advantage of online applications if they plan to visit for business activities or tourism. Another purpose of the visit requires a personal appointment with the Turkish embassy. Congolese are eligible to stay not longer than thirty days. In case they extend their trip without prior notice, sanctions and penalties are applicable. To avoid paying fines or being banned, Congolese may appeal for a visa extension by going to the nearest police station.
Congolese should fly with either Turkish Airlines, Onur Air, Pegasus Airlines, or Atlas Global Airlines.
Primary Requirements during the application:
- Valid and verified email address
- Passport valid for six months after arrival in Turkish borders
- Payment for the visa
Congolese may present the following supporting documents upon arrival in Turkey:
- Savings account, bank statements, or employment certificate as proof of the financial capacity
- Confirmed hotel booking
- Congolese must provide a Yellow Fever Vaccine Certificate for travelers age nine months and above
- All international passengers six years of age and above must have a negative SARS‑COV‑2 PCR result. The test should happen seventy-two hours before their flight.
Note: SARS‑COV‑2 PCR requirement is only temporary. It may change depending on the Turkish Government announcement.
Bilateral trades boosted mutual relations between Turkey and the DRC. High-level visits through the years serve their purpose, which is to strengthen imports and exports between the two countries. Developmental, educational, and economic assistance of the Turkish Government to DRC is part of the Joint Economic Commission agreement. Maarif Foundation, Burslari Scholarship, and TiKA are a few Turkish organizations that participate in DRC projects. Turkish Airlines scheduled regular flights from Istanbul to Kinshasa.
Advantage Of Congolese Under Turkish Conditional E-visa
Due to the high number of foreign visitors entering Turkish borders, the Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs amended a seamless acquisition of travel authorization. Thus, the transition from sticker visa to electronic application happened in 2013. Anyone who passes the qualification can submit their application anytime with the help of advanced technology. The new process will no longer require Congolese to visit an embassy affiliated with Turkey.
The Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs officially released the list of nationalities who can utilize the Turkish portal for their visa application and will have the following advantage:
- Congolese travelers can obtain their E-Visa twenty-four to seventy-two business hours after they submit their application
- Lodging of Turkish E-Visa application is up 24/7 globally. Foreign nationals should check their qualifications to apply online.
- Congolese travelers can start and finish their application in the portal. Visiting offices affiliated with the Turkish embassy is no longer necessary. They must complete lodging at least three days before their flight to Turkey.
- Confirmation and approval of visa get sent via applicant's registered email. The E-Visa document is in portable document format. Travelers should print it on paper.