Turkey e Visa for Ethiopia Citizens | Apply an Online Visa for Turkey
Citizens of Ethiopia can electronically apply for Turkish e-Visa. The Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs achieves a labor-saving method to issue a travel permit by advanced technology. Ethiopians are eligible for the online application anytime and anywhere using their cellphone, tablet, or laptop.
To adhere to the conditional e-visa requirements, a traveler from Ethiopia must have a passport and either of the following:
- A valid Schengen Membership or;
- Existing visa or residence permit to the following countries:
- The United Kingdom
- The USA
Note: E-Visas and E-Permits not honored
Citizens of Ethiopia are eligible for a single-entry permit, and they can maximize their stay up to thirty (30) days. Ethiopians with ordinary, official, or service passports still require a visa. Visa validity is 180 days starting on the date of issuance. Each applicant must present proof of legal residence from the countries mentioned above as part of the conditional e-Visa requirement.
Diplomatic passport holders can stay up to ninety (90) days with exemption to the visa requirements.
Lodging of Turkey E-Visa Application for Ethiopians
For a secure visa acquisition, the Turkish Government inaugurated an advanced biometric procedure. Travelers from eligible countries may acquire their travel permits in a few clicks. It saves Ethiopians from the lengthy process of traditional sticker visa application, and they no longer need to wait in long queues.
The Turkey E-Visa aims to shorten the process of travel permit acquisition for tourism. With the advanced technology, Ethiopians no longer have to keep stacks of paper for their requirements. They may fill out the Turkish E-visa form and submit their supporting documents directly at the portal. There are no interviews and appointments required.
Ethiopia is under Turkey Conditional E-Visa, which entitles a thirty (30) days visit. The issued visa is a single-entry valid for 180 days. Citizens of Ethiopians must comply with the travel protocols throughout their stay in the country. All documents must be complete, authentic, and recent upon submission. Otherwise, the system may invalidate the applicant’s entry.
Travelers from Ethiopia should have the following requirements on-hand on the day of application:
- Ethiopia must have an ordinary, service, or official passport valid for six (6) months. Day count starts upon arrival in Turkey.
- An Ethiopian applicant must have an updated email.
- Credit or debit card to settle the Turkey visa fee.
The Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs urges all Ethiopians to complete the application one week before their trip. They should select Ethiopia as their country of origin if they have a passport or travel document issued from the said country. An Ethiopian applicant has to fill out the Turkey E-visa form completely. All disclosed information about their date and travel dates must be accurate, detailed, and current. Ethiopians may settle the visa fee using a credit card, debit card, or other secured payment channels indicated in the portal.
Turkish E-Visa Policy For Ethiopians
Travelers from Ethiopia can only utilize the Turkish e-Visa for business and tourism purposes. Other visa types like permanent resident visas, research visas, educational visas, employment visas follow the standard process. It requires foreign nationals to visit a Consulate as requirements may vary from time to time. Ethiopian applicants may visit the nearest Turkish embassy in their area if they have other plans than tourism and business without labor.
Country (based on the country stated on passport): Ethiopia
Period of Stay: up to thirty (30) days
Exception: Diplomatic passport holders may enter without a visa and stay up to ninety (90) days
Entry/Number of entries: Single-entry
Visa Validity: 3 months (180 days) from the issuance date
Travelers from Ethiopia can choose the following airlines for their travel to Turkey:
- Turkish Airlines
- Onur Air
- Atlas Global Airlines
- Pegasus Airlines
Travelers from Ethiopia must have the following supporting documents:
- Proof of financial capacity or statement of account under the traveler’s name (minimum of $50 per day)
- Travel itinerary
- Return or onward flight tickets (booked to Turkish Airlines, Onur Air, Atlas Global Airlines, or Pegasus Airlines)
- Confirmed hotel accommodation
- Travel insurance with international coverage
- For Ethiopians traveling for business purposes: Company Invitation Letter stating sponsorship, the purpose of the trip, and the duration of stay
Ethiopian travelers have the option to ask for an extension before their visa expires. They may go to the Turkish Police Station to submit a formal request. Additional fees may apply. The Turkey E-Visa portal does not issue extended visas, but Ethiopian travelers may apply for a new one that could give them another thirty (30) days. If they choose the latter, they have to exit Turkey before their first travel permit expires and enter on the dates specified on their second visa.
If an Ethiopian traveler stays longer than the period indicated on their visa, immigration may impose sanctions depending on the severity of the action. The Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs informs the foreign nationals to abide by the Turkish travel laws throughout their stay. Violations in immigration rules and regulations have corresponding consequences that may lead to refusal of entry.
Turkey’s COVID-19 Travel Requirement For Ethiopians
Turkey eases travel restrictions on its sea and land borders as the number of COVID-19 cases declines. The Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs requires additional documents for international passengers to establish safety measures. Travel bans are up in several countries. In the interim, Ethiopians can enter Turkey provided they have the following upon arrival:
- For travelers aged six (6) and over
- For travelers aged twelve (12) and over must present at least one of the following requirements:
- A full-course COVID-19 vaccination certificate or card (completion must be fourteen days before arrival in the country) or;
- A negative RT-PCR test from an accredited clinic seventy-two (72) hours before departing from their country or;
- Medical record or certificate stating a recent full recovery from COVID-19 or;
- A rapid antigen test from an accredited clinic forty-eight (48) hours before departing from their country
- The Turkish Government implements travel bans from time to time due to the emerging variants from other countries. Ethiopians may check the IATA website and choose Turkey on the map to check the latest news.
- Ethiopians may visit Turkish Airlines or Pegasus Airlines websites for the all-inclusive list of requirements.
Note: COVID-19 Travel restrictions and exemptions are subject to change. Additional requirements may have alterations depending on the decision of the Turkey Government. The Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs encourages the public to check lawful, legal, and licit sources.