Turkey Visa for Iraq Citizensn
Turkey is one of the most enticing and attractive tourist destinations for African, European, Asian, and Middle Eastern countries alike. With the introduction of an electronic visa system, Turkey expanded its borders to a broader scale of tourists from diverse regions.
Every traveler who doesn't hold a Turkish passport needs to apply for visa to turkey, including Iraqi citizens. However, there are certain conditions that Iraqi citizens must fulfill to apply for an Turkey visa. Here is all about the Turkey visa requirements for Iraqi citizens.
What is an eVisa?
An Turkey electronic visa or Turkish visa is an electronic travel authorization issued online to eligible travelers. Previously, travelers needed to visit a Turkish consulate or embassy to apply for a paper or sticker visa.
From 17 April 2013, Turkey's ministry of foreign affairs implemented the Turkey e Visa system as a replacement and an alternative to a sticker visa. The new process eliminated the need to physically visit a Turkish embassy or consulate to apply for Turkey visa.
It grants the applicant permission to stay in Turkey for 30 days. However, an eVisa is offered only for business or tourism purposes, and not to seek employment or enroll in an educational institution in Turkey.
Turkey eVisa Eligibility Criteria for Iraqi Citizens:
Iraqi citizens need to meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for an electronic visa.
- Iraqi nationals must hold an Iraqi passport valid for 150 days starting from the day they arrive in Turkey.
- They must hold a residence permit or valid visa for Schengen region countries, UK, USA, or Ireland. Remember that e visas will not be acceptable.
- Travelers must have proof of hotel booking and sufficient financial means to stay in Turkey. The minimum requirement is USD 50/day.
- The applicant must have a valid payment card for paying the visa fees.
- The applicant must have a valid and active email address to receive the Turkey e visa.
Turkey Visa Validity for Iraqi Citizens:
Iraqi citizens can only apply for a single-entry eVisa. The visa will be valid for 180 days, while the validity date will be calculated according to the estimated date of travel the applicant has mentioned in the visa form. With an Turkey Visa, Iraqi nationals can stay in Turkey for 30 days or one month.
How to Apply for an e-Visa?
Applying for an Turkish Visa is a simple three-step process. Here's is an overview of the Turkey Visa application process:
- Step 1: Fill out the Turkey visa application form which is available on our website. In the form, you will need to answer some personal and travel-related questions. You will have to provide your full name, surname, date of birth, place of birth, residential address, and contact number.You will provide a valid email ID where you wish to receive the eVisa and all visa-related notifications.
Next, you will provide travel information, including entering yourpassport number, date of issuance and expiration, expected date of travel to Turkey.
- Step 2: After filling out the visa application form, proceed to the next stage of Turkey visa fees payment. This will be a one-time payment and must be made online using a valid payment card or PayPal account.
- Step 3: Submit the visa application form along with the required support documents. You have to wait till the visa will be processed.
Applicants can apply from anywhere, using a laptop, desktop, or smartphone. It takes only 5 minutes to apply for an eVisa to Turkey.
Turkey eVisa Processing Time:
Most of the e-visa applications are processed immediately. You will receive the visa within 24 hours. And Urgent visas are issued within 15 minutes. It is better to submit your application at least 24 hours before traveling to Turkey. You shouldn't book the flight until you formally receive the visa confirmation. As soon as you receive the visa, get it printed and save a copy on your mobile phone because it will be the first thing with your passport that you will need to show to the border officials after arriving in Turkey.
Turkish Visa Payment:
There are two categories of eVisa- Normal and Urgent. If you select the Normal visa, you will receive it within 24 hours. On the other hand, an urgent e-visa is a handy option for those travelers who cannot wait for three days and need a visa right away. You can opt for the Urgent visa method in such cases to receive your visa within 15 minutes. The turkey e visa cost depends on the processing time requested by the applicant. The eVisa payment is processed online. You can pay via a MasterCard, Visa, or UnionPay debit/credit card, or use a PayPal account.
Benefits of Turkey eVisa for Iraqi Tourists:
Considering the ever-increasing number of tourists traveling to Turkey every month, the eVisa is hugely beneficial in reducing the queues at Turkish embassies and visa centers. It not only streamlines the process of obtaining a tourist visa but also allows visitors to plan their trip efficiently.
Travelers can apply from anywhere throughout the week, even on public holidays and weekends. Everything is done online, from applying for the visa, paying the fees, and receiving the visa document. The Turkey e Visa is a time-saving and cost-effective system of obtaining travel permits to enter Turkey for a short trip of 30 days
Who Needs an eVisa?
All ordinary passport holders are required to obtain a visa to enter Turkey. Additionally, they must hold a valid USA, UK, Ireland, or a Schengen member country residence permit or visa. Official passport holders won't need a visa for a 90-day long trip. Official passport is an umbrella term that covers official, services, special, and diplomatic passports.
Who Needs a Turkey Transit Visa?
Iraqi travelers who need to pass through Turkey to reach another destination, such as to enter a European country, will require a Turkey transit visa. The traveler must have a valid Iraqi passport, an onward ticket, and necessary travel documents to enter their desired destination, to apply for a transit visa.