Turkey E-visa Application For Sri Lanka
Traveling to Turkey has been easier when immigration announced a new process of getting a visa. Eligible nationals do not have to visit an embassy to get a travel authorization. Furthermore, answering the form will only take a few minutes. Applicants only need to have a valid email upon registration and must have an ordinary passport to complete the registration online. It is more convenient for travelers to apply Turkey e Visa from Sri-lanka nowadays. E-Visa has a quicker timeline compared to embassy processed applications.
E-visa Policy And Protocols For Sri Lankan Citizens
In 2018, Turkey welcomed more than ten thousand citizens of Sri Lanka. There is a possibility that Sri Lanka can exceed that number over the course considering the increasing number of foreign tourists coming into Turkey every year.
Passport holders from Sri Lankan Administration can obtain a single-entry e-Visa via Turkey's commercial website and are eligible to stay in the country for 30 days within the validity of 180 days.
This current e-Visa policy applies for Sri Lankan who needs travel authorization upon arrival in Turkey:
- As Immigration recommends, travelers must apply for e-Visa before their intended arrival date to avoid inevitable delays.
- The purpose of visit allowed is only for tourism and business purposes. Employment visas, student visas, research visas, and the likes may require a direct application to the nearest Turkish embassy.
- Passport should have at least one stamp page left and should be valid for six months.
- Personal details in the form should reflect the information indicated in the passport. The same policy applied to the supporting documents. Inaccuracies may lead to invalid applications.
- Travelers have to settle the visa fee upon application and must acknowledge that it is nonrefundable, whether the application gets approved or declined.
- Passengers who are only transiting through Turkey can stay within seventy-two hours. Otherwise, they also need to get a Turkey E-Visa.
- Overstaying visas may result in fines or penalties, being deported or banned to Turkey.
- The travelers must download and print it on clear paper if the e-Visa application gets approved. They must present it to the border authorities along with other supporting documents.
- Turkey border control authorities have the right to deny entry if documents are suspicious or insufficient.
Requirements for Sri Lankan citizens in order to obtain an e-Visa.
- You need to hold a return ticket, hotel reservation and at least 50 $ per each day of my stay.
- You must have a valid Supporting Document (Valid visa OR valid residence permit from one of the Schengen Countries, USA, UK or Ireland). E-visas are not accepted as supporting documents.
- I am travelling for the purposes of tourism or business.