Turkey Visa for US Citizens
To relish Turkey’s rich culture, delectable cuisine, and astonishing historic architecture, travelers from the United States (US) can quickly obtain a Turkish eVisa instead of waiting for the traditional Sticker or Stamp visa. Given the astounding increase in US citizens traveling to Turkey for holidaying or business purposes, the government initiated an electronic visa application system, allowing US citizens to receive an electronic copy of their Turkey visa conveniently. There’s now no need to personally visit the local Turkish embassy or consulate to submit support documents and obtain the visa. Here are all the necessary details on Turkey visa US.
Turkey Visa for US Citizens- What you Need to Know?
The government of Turkey has introduced an online visa system, which allows American citizens to obtain a visit visa electronically. US citizens can now conveniently apply for Turkey visa right from their home or office.
A Turkey electronic visa can work both as a short-term business visa and tourist visa. Hence, US citizens can visit Turkey for tourism or business/trade purposes and can stay in the country for up to 3 months. However, travelers must plan a visit to Turkey within 180 days from the date the visa was issued. Moreover, the eVisa to Turkey will stay valid for up to 90 days, starting from the time you entered the country.
Purpose of Visit:
The Turkey e visa for US citizens is an ideal option for short tourist purpose and business-related or recreational trips to Turkey. If you want to make several trips within the 180-day validity period of Turkey eVisa, you should apply for a multiple-entry visa. Similarly, if you intend to visit the country just once apply for a single-entry visa.
Once submitted, travelers can expect to receive the visa approval within one business day. However, during busy times, when there are many visa applications, you may have to wait for the visa. You can apply for Turkey visa for US anytime, but ideally, apply at least two days before the date of your travel.
Turkey Visa for US Documents Requirements:
There are certain essential documents you will submit when applying for a Turkey visa. These include:
- A scn copy of passport containing two blank pages at least and a minimum of 180 days validity from the date of your arrival in Turkey
- A valid email address to receive the visa approval letter and other important updates
- An active debit or credit card to pay the visa fee
Currently, there aren’t any other support documents required by American citizens to apply for a Turkey visa.
How can US Passport Holders Apply and Receive a Turkey Visa?
American passport holders can conveniently apply for a Turkish eVisa from anywhere and anytime. You only require an internet connection and access to laptops, tablets, smartphones, or desktop computers to complete the visa application process. You should apply for the Turkey visa for US at least 48 hours before your travel date to avoid unnecessary delays. Also, do not book flights or accommodation in Turkey until you receive a visa approval letter in your email.
The visa applications are immediately processed. The Turkish immigration department reviews every visa application carefully and issues an approval letter usually within one business day. However, information mismatches between your passport and the Turkey eVisa application form can delay the application processing.
Once it is approved by the Turkish authorities, you will receive an email containing the electronic copy of the eVisa. When you receive the approval letter, immediately take a printed copy of the eVisa and download the electronic copy on your mobile device to avoid any inconvenience. When you arrive in Turkey, the passport control officers will verify the visa validity using their online verification system, and immigration officers will stamp the passport. You must use the same passport on your visit to Turkey, which you used to apply for the eVisa. Otherwise, your visa will be canceled upon arrival.
Turkey Visa for US Citizens Application Requirements:
Eligible US citizens can apply for a Turkish electronic visa by filling out an online form click apply turkey visa from US. Personal details, such as full name and surname, birth date, place of birth, gender, residential address, email ID, and contact number will be required. Additionally, the applicant has to provide details of their passport, including passport number, and its issue and expiry date.
The applicant must mention their country of birth and the estimated entry date in Turkey. Moreover, US citizens will mandatorily have to answer security-related questions no matter if they are applying for a business visa or tourist visa to Turkey. Before submitting the application form, always cross-check the information for accuracy and validity to avoid any delays later. Applicants have to pay visa fees at the time of applying.
Turkey Visa and Entry : Coronavirus Update:
- Are US citizens allowed to enter Turkey? Yes
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and / or serology) required for entry? No, a PCR test will be administered until you show symptoms of COVID-19.
- On June 11, Turkey announced opening most of its international air, land, and sea borders. but the land border with Iran and Syria is remains closed. and Passengers arriving from Afghanistan or Bangladesh will not even be permission to enter.
- To date, tourist travelers do not require any specific health documents to enter/exit Turkey. when there are come for tourism or business trade purposes then don't need another document. unless they come for medical treatment.
- COVID-19 control measures for air, land and sea travel are in process underway. Travelers arriving in Turkey will be required to complete an information form and be checked for symptoms. Anyone in doubt that COVID-19 will be rushed to the hospital for examination. If a person is found to be COVID-19 on a particular aircraft / vehicle / vessel, information forms completed on arrival will be used to keep in contact with others; Those individuals would then be subjected to 14-day isolation / quarantine. Clean the hands often after exposure to respiratory secretions. Hand cleaning involves either cleaning hands with soap and water or rubbing hands based on alcohol.
- Medical tourism travelers need specific health documents certified through the doctor, and a medical visa to enter Turkey for medical tourism. Please contact Turkish MFA’s website and more information on obtaining for turkey visa for this purpose.
- Subjects to the Foreign Ministry, Turkey will not pursue overstay penalties against foreign nationals unable to depart due to COVID-19, unless you move to Turkey within one month from the date of opening of the international border. We understand that if you leave Turkey by July 11, 2020, you will not be fined. You must show proof of inability to depart to immigration authorities, such as canceled flight reservations. Residency permit information is available at https://en.goc.gov.tr/
Record of travel of United States citizens to Turkey:
The United States is the one of the top countries in the world for the most visits to Turkey, the most recent figures, Around 578,074 people visited the country in 2019. In last year, while visitors mostly came to Turkey for 'travel, entertainment, sports and cultural activities.
Turkish Visa for US Citizens FAQs:
In a word, visiting Turkey is very safe.
Delectable food, rich culture and historical architecture of Turkey inspires to see to turkey. Turkey has now lifted all covid travel restrictions and is now allowing all countries to enter under regular-covid rules.
Turkish Airlines has been slowly resumed international flights by 11 June. The Ministry of Transport said on 19 July that Turkey has suspended flights to Iran and Afghanistan against the outbreak of coronaviruses. Turkish Airlines is the most global airline in the world, so I consider it very important, especially airlines like Emirates and Qatar have started operations. Has flights to more countries than any other airlines in the world. Now mostly flights are flying for turkey.
Yes! American passport holders can easily travel to turkey. through the apply e visa and you can apply for turkey visa anytime and anywhere. Turkey visas will be approved for tourist trips and business purposes. Eligible USA citizens can apply for a Turkey electronic visa by filling an online application form.
The applicant must specify their country of birth and the estimated entry date in Turkey. In addition, US citizens will inevitably have to answer security-related questions, whether they are applying for business visas or tourist visas in Turkey. Before submitting the application, always cross-check the information for accuracy and validity to avoid any delays. Applicants are required to pay a visa fee when applying.
Turkey has officially reopened its borders under normal travel rules for all travelers. Turkey has reopened for tourism and is accepting all countries to travel business or tourism. Turkey has now lifted all covid travel restrictions and is now allowing all countries to enter under regular-covid rules. All countries requiring an Turkey e visa to enter Turkey. when passengers will fly to Turkey as well as in the airport. they will need to wear a face-mask during the public place. Any tourist not wearing a mask will be denied entry.
Yes indeed! All US citizens must acquire a valid Turkey visa for US before the date of their travel. With an eVisa to Turkey, visitors from the US can stay for a maximum of 90 days. The visa approval can be received in 24 hours after submitting an online application and paying the visa fee.
No. Currently, You cannot obtain a visa on arrival. They must acquire an eVisa or an alternative visa depending upon the nature of their visit to gain entry permission in Turkey.
It isn’t necessary to obtain a transit visa if you need to change flights within an airport in Turkey. However, if you need to travel to another country via rail, road, or sea, you will need a transit visa.
If you want to travel through Turkey to reach a destination in Europe and hold a valid European Schengen visa, you are eligible to obtain a Turkey e-visa for US. But, this is only allowed if Turkey is only your point of arrival to enter Europe. Do remember that Turkey is not part of the European Union, and is an independent country with its own immigration requirements. Therefore, US citizens who wish to travel to an EU destination via Turkey must have the correct travel documents to enter the Schengen area along with a valid Turkish visa and a visa for their EU destination.
Visa waiver for US citizens is only possible if they are disembarking from the cruise ship. The cruising must be a short-day trip or a short-term excursion of up to 72 hours. In such a situation, US citizens can enter the country using their valid US passport without obtaining an eVisa.
It is not allowed to seek employment or enroll in an educational institute in Turkey with an eVisa. Turkey visa for US citizens is designed to enable travelers to visit the country for short-term tourism, business trips, or transit purposes.